If you like to try new things, then this soup is one for you! Its unique flavor and smooth texture is bound to make your taste buds begging for more!
what you’ll need:
- 2 Tbsp. butter (I used olive oil)
- 1 small onion
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 medium carrot (I used a few handfuls of baby carrots)
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1 32 oz. vegetable broth
- salt and pepper to taste
how you’ll do it:
Viola! And there you have it.
You should know:
- The squash is VERY tough and takes longer to cut up than you may expect.
- You should use gloves when handling the squash so as to not have an allergic reaction on your skin (common problem that I found out about the hard way).
- I liked this soup on the first bowl, but towards the end of it I was forcing myself not to think about its consistency. Ryan didn’t really like it at all. It’s definitely not a good soup to make a whole meal out of (whoops..) but would be great for an appetizer or first course!