This recipe is a funky version of a favorite meal. These aren’t just regular enchiladas, they have a secret weapon of bbq sauce mixed in. That’s all it takes to take a [possibly worn out and overused] favorite recipe and spice up your life! Hope you enjoy it!
what you’ll need:
- 10 whole wheat tortillas
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 28 oz. can red enchilada sauce
- ½ cup of your favorite BBQ sauce*
- ½ large sweet onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Freezer directions: Don’t bake. Cover with foil, label and freeze. To Serve: Thaw, remove foil, then bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until hot and cheese is bubbly.
*note about the bbq sauce: I use sweet baby ray’s and like the name says, it is sweet. Almost too sweet for this recipe, so next time I would decrease the bbq to 1/4 cup. It has a nice flavor, but seemed on the verge of being overwhelming.
recipe adapted from onceamonthmom